Dr. Aisha Ahmed and her team are Certified Invisalign® Provider.
Dr Aisha Ahmed and her team are Certified Invisalign Providers, offering patients the option for completely invisible teeth straightening as an alternative to traditional wired braces. Traditional braces can be off putting for many due to their obvious appearance and impact on daily tasks, such as eating and drinking. However, Invisalign addresses this problem, providing an invisible alternative that delivers the results without affecting your day-to-day life.
What is Invisalign®?
Invisalign delivers straight, flawless teeth without knocking your confidence. Invisalign straightens your teeth using a series of almost invisible aligners that are custom made for your teeth. Every two weeks you will replace each aligner, moving your teeth little by little until they reach their final position.
With Invisalign braces, you can achieve the smile you’ve always dreamed off without impacting your daily tasks. Where traditional braces would use wires, Invisalign relies on invisible aligners that can be removed to eat, drink brush and floss your teeth. The custom design of your Invisalign aligners also means its easy for you to talk as normal, so no one around you will have any idea that you’re undergoing dental treatment.
- Invisalign® is clear You can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing.
- Invisalign® is removable Unlike braces, you can eat and drink what you want during treatment. You can also brush and floss normally to maintain good oral hygiene.
- Invisalign® is comfortable No metal brackets or wires to cause mouth irritation, and less time in the dentist’s chair getting adjustments.
The Invisalign® process has been proven effective in clinical research and in orthdontic practices nationwide. However, only a certified dentist like ours can undertake this procedure.
How Does Invisalign® Work?
- 1A set of aligners are worn for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- 2As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to the final position the dentist has prescribed.
- 3You will visit us approximately once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
- 4Total treatment time averages 11 months with the average number of aligners worn during treatment between 18 and 30. This of course will vary from case to case.
The aligners are made through a combination of our dentists’ expertise and 3-D computer imaging technology provided by the Invisalign® company.
Don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss any aspect of your dental health – we don’t charge for giving advice!
I have a bridge, can I have Invisalign Braces?
Bridges create a firm link between two or more teeth, and this can be a factor in the potential success of Invisalign treatments. If you have previously had a bridge treatment, consult your dentist to find out whether this will affect your compatibility with Invisalign treatments.
Will Invisalign close gaps between teeth?
Spaces between teeth are often closed as part of the Invisalign process, but your dentist will be able to determine how much your gap will close. Consult your dentist to discuss your options and decide one which treatment plan is right for you.
Will be diet be restricted during my Invisalign treatment?
No. One of the main benefits of using Invisalign braces over traditional braces is your ability to eat and drink what you like. Thanks to the customised fit of your Invisalign braces, they can be easily removed when you need to eat or drink, so there is no need to restrict or alter your diet during the treatment process. Your aligner can also be removed to brush and floss your teeth after eating so you can maintain good oral health throughout the treatment.